* The East End Arts Council will host a Foundation Center Grant Workshop Thursday, May 20, at 4 p.m. at Riverhead Free Library. Library staff will demonstrate the Foundation Center’s Processional Online Database, a source containing information and details about U.S. organizations and the grants they offer. Call 631-369-2171 to register.
* North Fork Chamber of Commerce has issued a call to artists for its 2010 Juried Art Show at Greenport to be held June 26 in Mitchell Park. All local artists and galleries are invited to submit works by Tuesday, June 1. Call 631-734-8545.
* Local winners from two East End Arts Council exhibits have been announced. Elizabeth D. Nehls of Jamesport won first place among graphite on paper works, “The Sky’s the Limit,” which was shown at the council’s “The Body in Motion” exhibition at Guild Hall in East Hampton this spring; Laura Westlake of Orient won first place for pencil works with “The Visitor,” and Anna Jurinich of Wading River won second place for acrylic works with “You Have to Change the Water.” The works are currently on display in the council’s exhibition, “Botanicals,” at ArtSites Gallery in Riverhead and the Suffolk County Historical Society.
* The Old Town Art and Crafts Guild will host an open house at 28265 Main Road in Cutchogue Saturday, May 15 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* An opening reception for local artist, Don Wilson, will be held Saturday, May 15, from 1 to 4 p.m. at Cutchogue-New Suffolk Free Library in Cutchogue. Acrylic paintings by Mr. Wilson will be on display for the rest of the month.
* A 30-minute flower arranging workshop will be held at noon, Tuesday, May 18, at the East End Arts Council Gallery in Riverhead. Call 631-727-0900 to sign up.
* Free street painting demonstrations will be given at Martha Clara Vineyards and Atlantis Marine World, both in Riverhead, Saturday, May 15, from noon to 3 p.m., sponsored by the East End Arts Council.
To send arts news, e-mail [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.