* Studio East Gallery in Greenport will have an opening reception for ‘Landscape Show’ on Saturday, May 8, from 6 to 9 p.m. The show runs through June 4.
* Works by Roxanne Panero and JoAnne Dumas will be on display at the Rosalie Dimon Gallery at Jamesport Manor Inn from May 7 through Aug. 4. An opening reception will be held Sunday, May 23, from 3 to 5 p.m.
* The East End Arts Council in Riverhead is seeking volunteers to help with face-painting and other activities at the annual downtown Community Mosaic Street Painting Festival on Sunday, May 30. The festival will run from noon to 5 p.m. and volunteers are asked to commit to a one-hour shift. Call 727-0900, ext. 307, or stop by the EEAC in Riverhead.
* A gallery reception and opening will take place at Rothman’s Spring Gallery in Southold Saturday, May 8, from 5 to 7 p.m. Works on display through August include hand-colored prints of “Musicians and Guitars” by Ron Rothman, recent paintings by Stacy Brandfon, retrospective works by Eva Anderson, watercolors by show curator Bill Guyton and original oils and pastels by Amanda Falcone.
* South Street Gallery in Greenport is offering weekly long pose classes on Fridays, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., with poses lasting for four weeks. Next pose begins May 7. A sketch group also meets each Tuesday from 4:30 to 7:30 for $20 per session, $120 for 10 consecutive sessions. Call 477-0021.
* Floyd Memorial Library in Greenport will host a ‘memoir writing workshop with Teresa Taylor’ Tuesdays beginning May 11 through June 8 from 5 to 6:30 p.m. Cost is $50, call 631-477-0660.
To send arts news, e-mail [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.