* Studio East Gallery in Greenport has issued an open call for its ‘Summer Time Show,’ to be held July 9 through July 31. Artists are invited to submit works “depicting life, love and relaxation during the dog days of summer,” according to a press release. Works can be dropped off June 24 from 4 to 9 p.m. at the Miller Place location or June 25 from 3 to 5 p.m. and June 26 from noon to 5 p.m. at the Greenport location. Opening reception: July 17, 6-9 p.m. Call 631-477-2676.
* ‘Coming of Summer,’ the annual art exhibit by the staff at Peconic Landing in Greenport opens Saturday, June 19 and will run through July 2 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
* Rick Sacks will perform “short theatrical works of his own and others’ compositions” Friday and Saturday, June 18 and 19, at 7:30 p.m., at Poquatuck Hall in Orient. Tickets are $20 and available at the door.
* The first 2010 Greenport Gallery Walk will be held Saturday, June 19, from 6 to 9 p.m. Visit greenportgallerywalk.com.
* The fifth annual Outsider Art exhibit at Gallery BelAge in Westhampton Beach features works by New Suffolk artist Garance. The exhibit runs through Sept. 6, and an opening reception will be held Saturday, June 19, from 5 to 8 p.m.
* A Fine Arts and Antiques Auction benefiting Oysterponds Historical Society will be held Saturday, June 19, at 11 a.m. at the Peconic Landing Community Center in Greenport. Previews will be held Friday, June 18, from noon to 8 p.m. and Saturday June 19, from 9 to 10:45 a.m.
* The second annual Peconic River Day will be held Saturday, June 19, from 1 to 5 p.m. at Art Sites in Riverhead. The event, which celebrates “ecology, community and artistry along the Peconic River,” according to a press release, will feature art-making, boat launching, local artist presentations and a potluck community picnic.
To send arts news, e-mail [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.