Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a bicyclist — as well as the driver who seriously injured him — involved in a hit-and-run crash July 24 in Riverhead,
Police said the cyclist, described only as a Hispanic man in his late 30s or early 40s, was riding on Roanoke Avenue near Third Street when he was struck that Saturday.
The victim, described as having a “serious physical injury,” was taken to Stony Brook University Medical Center. No witnesses have come forward. Riverhead Police are asking anyone with information on the crash to call (631) 727-4500, ext. 289.
* Wilmer Aguilar, 31, of Riverhead was arrested at Casa Rica Restaurant and Sports Bar on East Main Street in Riverhead last Wednesday and charged with assault, police said. He is being held at the Suffolk County jail in Riverside on $2,500 bail. No additional information was available.
* Victor Hernandez-Joel, 21, of Flanders was also arrested at the Casa Rica Restaurant and Sports Bar. He was arrested about 3 a.m. Sunday and charged with harassment, town police said.
* Michel Siliati, 23, of Yaphank was arrested by town police at an Edwards Avenue home in Calverton last Wednesday after allegedly violating an order of protection secured by a female acquaintance. At the same time and place police arrested Amanda Cross, 21, of Aquebogue after she kicked, slapped and scratched another woman. Mr. Siliati was charged with first-degree criminal contempt and Ms. Cross was charged with second-degree harassment.
* Anthony Durham, 24, of Riverhead was arrested by State Police in Riverhead last Wednesday and charged with felony DWI. Mr. Durham received an elevated charge because of a previous DWI conviction. No additional information was available.
* Jonathan Vierra, 26, of Brooklyn was arrested at Splish Splash Water Park Sunday and charged with forcible touching, town police said. Mr. Vierra was arrested about 4 p.m. and held for an appearance in town justice court. He was released the following day on $250 bail.
* Danielle Hall, 30, of Riverhead was arrested outside Autozone on Route 58 Sunday after she slashed a female friend with a knife following a dispute over crack cocaine and money, town police said. Ms. Hall was charged with second-degree assault.
* Luis Cabrera of the Bronx was arrested about 6 p.m. Sunday at David Peach Farm on Sound Avenue in Wading River and charged with second-degree menacing, police said.
* Anita Morhaim, 45, of Setauket was arrested on a driving while intoxicated charge about 6:20 p.m. Saturday on Sound Avenue in Calverton, police said.
* A homeless woman got her arm stuck in a clothing bin near the Salvation Army building on East Main Street Friday. The woman was freed from the bin about 4 a.m. with the help of town police.
* Three ATVs were stolen from a shed near Hodun Farmstand on Route 25 in Calverton last week. Town police said the estimated value of the three quads was about $13,500. The theft was reported about 6 a.m. last Thursday. No arrests have been made.
* About $200 of gas was siphoned from a boat parked near a Central Avenue home in Wading River Sunday. The crime was reported about 11:40 a.m. No arrests have been made.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.