* Studio East Gallery in Greenport has issued a call to enter works in ‘Landscape Show II,’ to be held Oct. 9 through Nov. 1. Artists are invited to submit landscapes, seascapes or moonscapes, which may be dropped off Sept. 30, from 4 to 9 p.m. at the Miller Place location, or Oct. 1, from 3 to 5 p.m. or Oct. 2, from noon to 5 p.m., at the Greenport location. Call 631-477-2676 for more information.
* Floyd Memorial Library in Greenport will host a screening of works by youth members of the East End Student Film Project, Wednesday, Sept. 29, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
* Current photos by Greenport photographer Mark Moffett will be on display at Sirens’ Song Gallery in Greenport beginning with a reception Saturday, Sept. 25 from 6 to 8 p.m. and running through Oct. 18.
* Pianist Dimitri Sogoloff will perform works by Rachmaninoff at Floyd Memorial Library in Greenport Sunday, Sept. 26, at 3 p.m.
* The Greenport Gallery Walk group and East End Seaport Museum and Maritime Foundation will present their second annual plein air event during the Greenport Maritime Festival. Friday and Saturday Sept. 24 and 25, artists will be painting out-of-doors around Greenport. A silent auction of the works will be held in the tent at Mitchell Park Saturday evening from 6 to 8 p.m.
* In conjunction with the current exhibit, ‘Helen M. Kroeger and Otto J. Kurth: The Anchorage Studio and Peconic Bay Impressionism,’ Suffolk County Historical Society in Riverhead will sponsor painting appraisals Saturday Sept. 25 and Oct. 2 from 9 a.m. to noon at a price of $5 per piece. A gallery talk will be given by art authority Terry Wallace, for a $5 donation fee. Thursday, Oct. 7, at 7 p.m.
* The Proverbial Proverb Invitational Rug Exhibition is on display at Southampton Historical Museum through Oct. 2. featuring the work of students and friends of Gail Horton. Participating are Southold Town fiber artists Marilyn Bottjer, Lois Derosier, Charlottle deVecchis, Susan Egan, Sally McGuire,Darlene Zelisnki and Ms. Horton.
* In celebration of the 35th anniversary of the screening of the documentary ‘Grey Gardens’ Green Earth Cafe in Riverhead is featuring an exhibit of Grey Gardens art by Frank LaTorre, Lois Wright, Richard LaRovere, Don Duga and A.F. Wargo. The exhibit will be on display through October.
To send arts news, e-mail [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.