A Riverhead man, allegedly drunk at the time, was arrested and sprayed in the face with Mace last week after he threatened to beat up a Riverhead Town police officer.
Peter Lochmann, 36, was approached by police near the Riverhead train station just after 9 p.m. last Thursday, after he was observed wandering around the station and yelling expletives at passersby, officials said.
When he spotted a police cruiser he allegedly began shouting obscenities at the officer inside. Police said Mr. Lochmann dropped his duffle bag and shouted “I’ll f— you up” to the officer after he was informed that he was under arrest. He was then sprayed with Mace and taken into custody. He was charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
* Joeydee Martinez, 20, of Riverhead was arrested just after 2 a.m. last Wednesday on Union Avenue in Riverhead and charged with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, harassment and unlawful possession of marijuana, town police said.
* Alex Smith, 17, of Wading River was arrested last Wednesday at the Little Flower complex on North Wading River Road and charged with assault, criminal possession of a controlled substance and unlawful possession of marijuana, town police said. No additional information was available.
* Patricia Rogers, 40, of Riverhead was arrested last Wednesday night on Roanoke Avenue in Riverhead and charged with criminal contempt, town police said. No additional information was available.
* Andrew Palmer, 49, of Sound Beach was arrested about 10:30 a.m. last Friday at Riverhead Town police headquarters and charged with criminal possession of a forged instrument, police said. No additional information was available.
* A man was robbed outside the El Caracol Deli on Griffing Avenue in Riverhead about 3:45 a.m. Sunday. The victim told police the robber made off with his wallet and passport. The victim declined to press charges because he said he knew his attacker and feared retaliation.
* A man reported that someone stole his father’s Rolex watch while he was at Peconic Bay Medical Center in Riverhead on Aug. 11, town police said. The theft was reported Saturday at 10:15 a.m.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.