A Flanders man is being accused of committing a violent robbery while he was working security for a club in Hampton Bays, Southampton Town Police said.
Dwayne Dumpson, 30, of Flanders was charged with assaulting and robbing a man about 6 a.m. Monday at Club Dream on Canal Road, police said. The victim was taken to Southampton Hospital by Hampton Bays Volunteer Ambulance, but then moved to Stony Brook University Hospital for treatment of unspecified injuries, authorities said.
Mr. Dumpson was charged with first-degree robbery and second-degree assault.
* A Manhattan man was arrested last Wednesday after his speedboat ran aground on a meadow near Goose Creek Point in Flanders, according to Southampton Town Police.
Michael Kornblum, 59, of East 51st Street in New York was charged with boating while intoxicated after his 38-foot Cigarette boat crashed about 9 p.m., police said. He was taken to Southampton Hospital, where he submitted to a blood test, authorities said.
Police said that while they don’t have an estimate on how fast Mr. Kornblum was going, the boat was moving so fast that it left the water and traveled 50 feet into the meadow.
* Louis Mannino, 45, and Andrea Griffin, 39, both of Riverhead, were arrested about 11:30 p.m. Saturday after they were observed loitering by a bus shelter on Flanders Road in Riverside and then were found in possession of crack cocaine, according to police.
Both were charged with loitering with the intent to buy drugs and criminal possession of a controlled substance. Ms. Griffin, whom police say is homeless, also was charged with an open alcohol container violation.
Mr. Mannino, of East Main Street in Riverhead, was arrested on Aug. 24 after he was involved in a car crash in Flanders. Police said he was driving a taxi while high on crack cocaine.
* A Flanders man is accused of punching a woman in the face while she was holding her 1-year-old son in her arms last Monday, according to police.
Jonathan Restrepo, 21, of Reeves Bay Trail in Flanders was charged with assault and endangering the welfare of a child following the incident on Reeves Bay Trail, according to police, who said the victim was taken to Peconic Bay Medical Center by Flanders Northampton Volunteer Ambulance for treatment of unspecified injuries.
* Daniel Schaw, 28, of East Montauk Highway in Hampton Bays was charged with assault and reckless endangerment after he intentionally hit his brother with his car following a verbal dispute, police said.
* Luis Soyos, 19, of Maple Avenue in Flanders was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana early Wednesday on Long Neck Boulevard in Flanders after being observed in a parked car that had a strong odor of marijuana coming from it, police said. A search of the car turned up a quantity of marijuana in the center console and a beverage can that was being used as a marijuana pipe, officials said.
* A 21-inch television was reported stolen from a boat that was docked at the Flanders Men’s Club Saturday. The television, which police say was valued at $300, was secured to the counter of the boat, which was damaged during the burglary.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.