A 37-year-old Riverside man was hit by a car while he was walking near the intersection of Vail Avenue and Flanders Road in Riverside last Monday night, authorities said.
The victim told Southampton Town Police he was struck by a dark-colored truck, which then fled the scene. He was taken to Peconic Bay Medical Center for treatment of undisclosed injuries.
The truck, which may have been a Ford Explorer, is believed to have sustained front end damage from the collision, police said.
* Daniel Harris 27, of Silverbrook Drive in Flanders was arrested after he was involved in a verbal dispute with a woman who told police that when she turned away Mr. Harris grabbed her and “mushed his fist” into her face, police said. The incident took place last Tuesday morning on Silverbrook Drive, police said.
Mr. Harris was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana and harassment.
* Maribel Obando-Moncada, 41, of Griffin Avenue in Riverhead was charged with driving while intoxicated about 3 a.m. Sunday on Montauk Highway in Hampton Bays after being stopped for traffic infractions, police said. Ms. Obando-Moncada also was charged with moving from a lane unsafely and having an open alcohol container in public, according to police.
* Michael Lafreniere, 22, of Starr Boulevard in Calverton was charged with having an uninspected motor vehicle and aggravated unlicensed operation last Thursday on Peconic Avenue in Riverside, where a check of his records revealed his license was suspended Aug. 12 for a prior DWI charge, police said.
* Helmut Michels, 36, of Church Lane in Aquebogue was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana Aug. 10 on County Road 105 and Flanders Road in Flanders, where he was found in possession of marijuana, according to police.
* Jewelry valued at $25, and $4 worth of loose coins were reported stolen from two cars parked in a driveway on Birch Place in Riverside last Monday. Police said the cars were unlocked at the time.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.