A Flanders man was arrested Friday for allegedly dealing drugs out of bars and clubs in the Hamptons, authorities said.
Maurice “Cuppy” Richardson, 26, of Riverside Avenue in Flanders was observed selling cocaine at area bars over the course of an investigation by the Southampton Town Police Department’s Street Crime Unit, including two separate occasions, July 22 and April 1, when he sold cocaine to an undercover police officer at Southampton Publick House, according to police.
Mr. Richardson was arrested by police Friday on Sunrise Highway in Hampton Bays. At the time of his arrest, he was found to be in possession of at least 10 individually packaged one-gram bags of cocaine, according to police, who said he intended to distribute them at local bars and clubs.
Mr. Richardson is charged with five counts of criminal sale of a controlled substance as well as criminal possession of a controlled substance, all of which are felonies. He could face up to 25 years in jail if convicted of the top charge, police said.
• A Riverhead man is being accused of pointing a loaded pistol at a man in Riverside earlier this month, police said.
Ronald Paschall, 36, of East Main Street in Riverhead turned himself in at Southampton Town Police headquarters in Hampton Bays last Wednesday on an arrest warrant for an incident that police say occurred Oct. 8 on Peconic Avenue in Riverside.
Mr. Paschall allegedly walked up to a man in a parked car on Peconic Avenue and asked the man who he was. He then reached into his sweatshirt, pulled out a loaded pistol and pointed it in the man’s face, police said.
No one was injured in the incident and Mr. Paschall did not fire the gun, authorities said. It was unclear from police reports why he allegedly threatened the man. Mr. Paschall was charged with menacing and criminal possession of a weapon, officials said.
• Selvin Domingo-Paz, 25, of Springville Road in Hampton Bays was charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated about 1 a.m. Sunday on Cypress Avenue and Flanders Road in Flanders after being pulled over for failing to signal, police said. He was also charged with unlicensed operation and consuming alcohol in a motor vehicle, police said.
• Salaam Ghani, 19, of Flanders was charged with driving while ability impaired about 3:30 a.m. Sunday on Flanders Boulevard in Flanders after he was pulled over for improper headlights, police said.
• Jeffrey Kreller, 38, of Louisiana was charged with DWI about 3:30 a.m. Saturday after failing to stay in his lane while driving on County Road 105 in Flanders, near the intersection with Flanders Road, police said.
• Jorge Zuniga, 27, of Lyncliff Road in Hampton Bays was charged with DWI about 2:30 a.m. Saturday on Flanders Road and Bay Avenue in Flanders after he was pulled over for moving from his lane unsafely and was found to be intoxicated and driving without a license, police said.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.