Art Beat: Mattituck artist’s paintings on display at Sparkling Pointe
• Paintings by Mattituck artist Patricia Feiler will be displayed at Sparkling Pointe in Southold beginning with a reception Friday, Nov. 19, from 5 to 7 p.m. and running through Dec. 3.
• EEAC and the iloveriverhead civic group will co-sponsor a holiday window decorating contest on Main Street. Vacant storefront and business windows will be available Dec. 1-4 on a first-come-first-served basis for entrants to transform. Prizes will be awarded Dec. 11 at the annual holiday bonfire. Registration, a $25 entry fee and a sketch of the window plan are required in advance. For details, visit eastendarts.org or call 727-0900.
• Vail-Leavitt Music Hall in Riverhead will hold a second concert in the series to provide support for its artistic and community mission:The East Enders Coffee House Reunion Concert will be held Saturday, Nov. 20, at 7 p.m. and will feature Who Are Those Guys, Bruce MacDonald, Jessie Haynes and the East End Thursday Night Jammers. Tickets are $25.
• The East End Arts Council 24th annual Harvest Gospel Choir will kick off Thursday, Nov. 18, at Mattituck Presbyterian Church with additional shows Friday, Nov. 19, at Old Whaler’s Church in Sag Harbor and Saturday, Nov. 20, at Friendship Baptist Church in Flanders. All shows are free and open to the public and begin at 8 p.m.
• The final Greenport Gallery Walk 2010 will be held Saturday, Nov. 20, from 6 to 9 p.m. Visit greenportgallerywalk.com.
To send arts news, e-mail [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.