POLICE BLOTTER Riverhead Town
A Coram man reported to Riverhead Police that he was feeling ill after smoking crack cocaine for several hours early Thursday morning. The man was taken to Peconic Bay Medical Center in Riverhead for treatment. The incident occurred just after 3 a.m. No charges were filed.
• Someone broke into six vehicles while the cars were parked on Pine Cone Court in Wading River sometime Saturday night. The thefts, which included cash, credit cards, GPS units and iPods, were reported Sunday morning. No arrests have been made.
• John Sullivan, 66, of St. James was stopped by Riverhead Police on Wading River Manorville Road in Wading River about 6:30 a.m. Monday and charged with driving while intoxicated. No further details were available.
• Paul Morizzo, 30, of Center Moriches was arrested by town police at police headquarters about 11:30 a.m. Monday and charged with second-degree criminal contempt. No additional information was available.
• An East Patchogue woman adopted two puppies in New Rochelle earlier this month under the guise that she was working for Kent Animal Shelter in Calverton, the shelter’s management told police. The woman, who was not working for the shelter, allegedly adopted the dogs from the Columbus County Animal Shelter on March 19. Kent officials were advised to report the incident to authorities in New Rochelle.
• Wayne Walker, 40, of Shirley was arrested at police headquarters about 10 a.m. last Wednesday and charged with first-degree criminal contempt and second-degree harassment. No further details were available.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.