Two Riverhead men were arrested on drunk driving charges in two separate incidents on Flanders Road early Saturday morning, Southampton Town Police said.
Selvin Morales, 33, of Maple Avenue in Flanders was pulled over after police spotted him driving without headlights lit on Flanders Road in Riverside about 12:30 a.m. Mr. Morales was charged with aggravated DWI, unlicensed operation, moving from a lane unsafely, having an uninsured motor vehicle, insufficient lights and having an open alcohol container, according to police.
Emerson Alvarado, 25, of Riverhead was arrested about four hours later on Flanders Road in Flanders after police said he was driving erratically. He was charged with DWI.
Both men were taken to Southampton Town Police headquarters and held overnight for an appearance in Southampton Town Justice Court.
• A Flanders man was arrested Saturday night in Flanders after shouting obscenities at a police officer who had stopped him on a traffic violation.
Keith Richards, 22, of Oak Avenue in Flanders was charged with disorderly conduct ,police said. He was spotted driving with no headlights on and was questioned by an officer when he pulled into the USA gas station, at which point he began shouting obscenities at the officer, officials said.
• Shannon Hoiss, 24, of Orient was arrested by Southold Town Police last Wednesday on a bench warrant issued by Southampton Town Justice Court and turned over to Southampton authorities for failure to appear in court on prior traffic violations, police said.
• A Flanders woman reported last Monday night that an unknown man had entered her home on Oak Avenue. The man left when he was confronted and walked away heading south on Oak Avenue, according to police. The suspect was described as an Hispanic male, about 5-foot, 4-inches tall, 125 pounds and wearing beige khaki pants, a gray-white shirt and a white hat, according to police. He was believed to have been intoxicated at the time.
• A Riverside woman reported last Thursday that someone forged her name on three checks totaling $2,212 that were made out to cash. The checks were intended to pay for three months of rent at the Parkview Community mobile home park on Flanders Road in Riverside.
• A mini-bike valued at $250 was reported stolen from a home on Golden Leaf Trail in Flanders last Tuesday. The bike had been kept in the backyard and a clutch cover from the bike was found in a nearby trail in the woods, according to police.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.