• Work by members of the Long Island Sierra Club artist group will be on display during June and July at Riverhead Free Library. Featured artists include Jo-Ann Corretti, SallyAnne Keller, Carol Boye, Susanne Corbelletti and Marlene Bezich. An artist’s reception is planned for 7 to 8:30 p.m. Friday, June 3. All sales will benefit the Long Island Sierra Club Water Sentinels.
• “Local Harbor Reflections,” photography by JoAnne Dumas, is Mattituck-Laurel Library’s June art exhibit in the downstairs gallery. Natural light is the primary focus of Ms. Dumas’ work, according to a press release. A reception will be held Sunday, June 5, from 2 to 3:30 p.m.
• Original paintings by Mario Tomiatti will be on view June 6 through 26 at Jason’s Vineyard in Jamesport. Artist’s receptions are set for Saturdays, June 4 and 11, from 2 to 5 p.m.
• Call for artists: for ‘Folk Art,’ a juried all-media show that opens June 10 at the East End Arts Council gallery Riverhead. Juror Kathy Curran, curatorial administrator for Islip Museum and Suffolk County Historical Society, will judge works of painting, drawing, photography, mixed media, video, sculpture and poetry.
Artists may enter up to three pieces not previously exhibited at EEAC; dropoff dates are June 2, 3 and 4 at the gallery. Poems must be emailed.
For full details or prospectus, call 727-0900 or visit eastendarts.org.
• An opening reception for an exclusive New York exposition of works by Jack and A.J. Ferrell will be held Saturday, May 28, from 6 to 9 p.m., at the Terrence Joyce Gallery in Greenport. According to a press release, the artists, husband and wife, embody “Peinture Verre au Feu,” the 15th-century tradition of paintings of glass in fire on handmade clay tiles.
To send arts news, e-mail [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.