POLICE BLOTTER Riverhead Town
• A Riverhead man was arrested last week after he pushed and slapped a woman who previously secured an order of protection against him, town police said. Shawn Miles, 21, was charged with first-degree criminal contempt following the incident on Oakland Drive in Riverhead, officials said.
• Someone broke into Decorative Gardens on Edwards Avenue in Calverton last week and stole more than $10,000 worth of tools, town police said. An employee told police that someone had pried open a lock on a garage and also broke into a 2005 Ford that was parked on the property. Items stolen included a jackhammer, generators and saws.
The theft occurred sometime between May 27 and last Wednesday.
• William Gilmore, 48, of Jamesport was charged with second-degree assault at town police headquarters last Tuesday. The arrest occurred about 9 a.m. No further details were available.
• Jeffrey Kreuzburg, 43, of Islip was stopped by police while driving on Main Road in Jamesport Saturday and charged with third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle. Mr. Kreuzburg was originally pulled over for driving erratically about 5:30 p.m., town police said.
• Christine Oelsner, 43, of Aquebogue was pulled over while driving on Phillips Lane in Northville last Wednesday and was found to be driving while intoxicated by drugs, town police said. She was charged with DWI drugs, officials said.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.