A Riverhead man was arrested on a driving while intoxicated charge last Sunday after he rear-ended another car on Main Street and fled the scene, town police said. Alcides Lopez-Cambara, 31, was headed east on East Main Street about 1:30 p.m. when he rear-ended a car driven by Sarah Kornafel of Riverhead, town police said. It was not clear if Mr. Lopez-Cambara fled on foot or by car. He was apprehended a short time later and charged with DWI as well as several other traffic offenses, police said.
• Andrew T. Olsen, 24, of Riverhead was arrested about 5 p.m. Monday and charged with third-degree criminal mischief, town police said. No additional details were available.
• Christopher Steve, 44, of Calverton was arrested on Fresh Pond Avenue in Calverton Saturday and charged with third-degree criminal mischief, fourth-degree criminal mischief and second-degree harassment, town police said. The 8:45 a.m. arrest was made in connection with an incident at the same location the previous day, police said. No other details were available.
• Andrew Gelman, 18, of Manorville was arrested at town police headquarters last Wednesday and charged with fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property, authorities said. Town police said the arrest was made in connection with a March 30 incident. No additional details were available.
• Nicholas Tomei, 23, of Riverhead was arrested last Wednesday after officers searched his Volkswagen Passat and found anabolic steroids and a hypodermic needle, authorities said. Mr. Tomei’s probation officer requested the search, according to town police. He was charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and criminal possession of a hypodermic needle. Mr. Tomei was placed under arrest at police headquarters about 12:30 p.m., officials said.
• Carla Anderson, 17, of Riverhead was arrested by town police about 5:30 p.m. last Wednesday after she allegedly punched a female acquaintance in the face at a Roanoke Avenue residence, officials said. Ms. Anderson was charged with third-degree assault.
• Anthony Francis, 28, of Riverhead was arrested last Wednesday following a domestic incident that occurred at a home on Lake Avenue in Riverside, state police said. Mr. Francis was charged with first-degree criminal contempt, resisting arrest and fifth-degree criminal possession of marijuana, authorities said. He was taken to the county jail in Riverside, where he was being held without bail, police said.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.