Representatives from Brookhaven Town’s “Blight to Light” program will be speaking to the Riverhead Town Board at Thursday’s work session.
In Brookhaven, the program offers builders tax incentives and an expedited approval process to develop walkable mixed-use communities in them.
The board is also expected to discuss a parade scheduled for the tenth anniversary of the terrorist attacks of Spetember 11, 2001.
Check back later today for the story.
Work Session Agenda
Date: August 18, 2011
· Blight for Light – Stacey Epifane Sikes/Town of Brookhaven (Scheduled for 10:00am)
· Highway Department Budget – WOODSON
· Parade for 9/11 Memorial in Calverton – WOOTEN
· Park and Recreation Fees – KOZAKIEWICZ
· Traditional Links v. Town of Riverhead – Scott DeSimone
· Department of Labor – PRUDENTI/KOZAKIEWICZ
· Engineering – TESTA/DILLINGHAM
· Highway – MCLAUGHLIN/KOZAKIEWICZ