An early morning 911 caller reported a man with a gun in downtown Riverhead’s Main Street area last Thursday. Town police searched the area but were not able to find the man. The call came in about 1 a.m.
• A broken utility pole sparked a fire on Sound Shore Road in Riverhead Monday morning. Volunteers with the Jamesport Fire Department were on the scene and extinguished the blaze about 7:30 p.m., according to police reports.
• Joseph Randall, 52, of Riverhead was charged with “failing to register” and resisting arrest last Thursday, according to a police report. The arrest occurred about 7 p.m. at Riverhead police headquarters. No additional details were available.
• Steven Stubbs, 41, of Riverhead was arrested on a warrant last Wednesday and at the same time charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, town police said. The arrest occurred about 3 p.m. on Ostrander Avenue.
• Rachel Turner, 36, of Riverhead was charged with second-degree menacing and second-degree harassment during a 7:30 p.m. incident on Northville Turnpike last Wednesday, town police said.
• Roger Miller, 50, of Mastic Beach was charged with false personation about 4 p.m. last Tuesday, town police said. No additional details were available.
• Someone painted graffiti on the dugouts, a shed, garbage cans, light posts, portable toilets, the running track, tennis courts, parking lot and other areas at Riverhead High School last Wednesday night. Riverhead Town Police said the investigation is continuing.
• A woman reported that while her car was parked in the Waldbaum’s parking lot on Route 58 last Wednesday, someone broke into her vehicle and stole a prescription for a narcotic. The theft was reported about 4 p.m.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.