• An exhibit of pastel paintings by Manhattan artist Eileen Serwer will open Saturday, Dec. 10, at Riverhead Town Hall. The show is cosponsored by Riverhead Town and East End Arts, of which Ms. Serwer is a member.
The award-winning artist also belongs to the Pastel Society of America and Pastel Society of the West Coast, and is a juried member of the National Association of Women Artists and the Degas Pastel Society. She says, “Beauty is what impels me to paint. I look to create a mood, to convey a feeling or bring back an impression.”
The show continues through March 1.
• Bob Kuhne is the featured artist at Old Town Art and Crafts Guild in Cutchogue, for which he serves as president. Mr. Kuhne is known for his North Fork scenes; he has shown his work throughout Long Island and New England.
The guild will hold a holiday open house from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 10 and 11.
• Work by members of the East End Photographers Group, including North Forkers Mary Trentalange and Pamela Greinke, is on view through Dec. 14 at 4 North Main Gallery in Southampton. A reception is set for 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 10.
Other participating members include Virginia Aschmoneit, Gerry Giliberti, George Mallis, Joel Lefkowitz, Ron Nicoletta, Sean Noblett, Kathryn Odell-Hamilton, Rosa Hanna Scott, Marilyn Stevenson, Christina Stow, Jarret Stretch, Nick Tarr and Alan Weinschel.
• A Members’ Show and open house holiday party will be held Saturday, Dec. 10, from 6 to 9 p.m. at Studio East Gallery in Greenport.
• ‘An Afternoon of Music During Advent’ will be presented by the Spiritual Renewal Center at First Parish Church in Riverhead, beginning at 1:15 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 10.
Performers will include pianist/songwriter Terence Purtell and flutist Michelle Lisi, who will perform Bolling’s “Suite for Flute and Jazz Piano,” 1:15-2:15 p.m.; vocalist Maribeth Mundell, 2:30-3:30; and guitarist/singer/songwriter Valerie Griggs, 3:45-4:45.
Suggested offering is $10, with partial proceeds benefiting Elsa’s Ark Animal Shelter of East Hampton and its spay/neuter program for cats and dogs.
• ‘Collected,’ work by artists who have previously shown at Art Sites, is on view through March 15 at the Riverhead gallery. More than 70 artists are represented, all of whom have had exhibits at the gallery since it opened in 2000.
A party is set for 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 10. Guests are invited to bring a pet rock to be judged.
Ten percent of sales will benefit Peconic Green Growth for a future project. A raffle will also benefit PGG programs.
• Barbara Groot and Keith Mantell, whose work is featured this month at the Rosalie Dimon Gallery at Jamesport Manor Inn, will lead a discussion on their work and process at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 15, at Brecknock Hall in Greenport. The program is part of the Third Thursday Arts Talk Series hosted by East End Arts.
Admission is free. Call 727-0900 or visit eastendarts.org.
• The Peconic Bay Masterworks Choir will perform music by Handel, Vivaldi and Harlan in two concerts at Mattituck Presbyterian Church this weekend. Concerts are planned for Friday and Saturday, Dec. 9 and 10, at 8 p.m.
The 55-member choir and soloists, directed by the Rev. Ronald Wickey, will be accompanied by an orchestra of 28, with pianist Karen Haley and organist Jason Cockerill.
Tickets are $15 in advance; call 477-0648 or email [email protected]
To send arts news, email [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.