Pablo Aguilar, 22, of Riverhead was charged with driving while intoxicated about 1:30 a.m. on Pulaski Street in Riverhead Saturday, town police said.
• A Riverhead man is facing a criminal mischief charge after he punched a hole in a piece of sheetrock and shattered a mirror at a men’s shelter where he was staying Friday, town police said. Raymond Kaine, 46, said he did the damage after a staffer accused him of selling prescription medication to other residents. The arrest occurred about 2 p.m.
• A Riverhead woman is facing a disorderly conduct charge after she crossed Route 58 and caused several cars, including a marked partol car, to swerve or stop short to avoid an accident Friday, police said. Tanaya Dominique, 21, illegally crossed from the south to the north side of the road near Commerce Drive about 2 p.m., police said.
• Police are asking for the public’s help in finding two women they say swiped a laptop computer from the Riverhead Target store on Nov. 23.
The women were both carrying large bags they apparently used to conceal the merchandise during their trip to the Route 58 department store, police said. They left the store with the computer, valued at over $1,000, about 11:30 a.m.
Police released surveillance images of the women Tuesday.
One woman was described as being in her mid 20s with long brown hair and wearing a white and blue polo shirt, dark-colored jacket, blue jeans and tan shoes. The other woman was described as being in her mid 20s with long black hair and wearing a purple jacket, blue jeans and black shoes.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 800-220-TIPS. Crime Stoppers is offering $5,000 cash for any information that leads to an arrest. All calls will be kept confidential.
• Police are looking for a woman who scooped up a lost wallet at a Tanger Outlets pretzel shop and didn’t return it.
The woman found the wallet sometime between 2 and 4 p.m. at Auntie Anne’s eatery after a patron accidentally left it there and returned to find it missing. A surveillance camera captured images of a dark-haired woman taking the wallet and leaving the area.
Anyone with information is also being asked to call the Crime Stoppers hotline.
• A 17-year-old Jamesport girl was airlifted to Stony Brook University Hospital following a one-car accident Sunday morning after the driver of the car she was riding in fell asleep at the wheel, according to Riverhead Town Police.
The car, driven by Andre Pino, 21, of Riverhead, was heading east on Main Road in Jamesport at about 7:30 a.m. when it veered off the road and hit a telephone pole, said police.
Mr. Pino was taken by ambulance to Peconic Bay Medical Center with minor injuries. The girl, identified by police as Alexandra Schwab, was airlifted to Stony Brook with what police said was a leg injury.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.