Five stories you’ll find in Thursday’s issue of the Riverhead News-Review:
1. Coverage of the Riverhead girls basketball team’s Suffolk County Class AA championship game win, including an editorial on what it takes to be a champion.
2. We asked former Riverhead Town Supervisor Phil Cardinale why he left $21,000 in his campaign account when his opponent outspent him by more than $55,000 last November.
3. Editor Michael White’s column examines what’s being accomplished by a study of development in Wading River.
4. Five Riverhead highway workers were suspended following a February 2010 incident in which a highway worker allegedly damaged the tires on a town truck by spinning its wheels at the town’s Wading River highway yard. Now just one of those workers is still facing disciplinary action.
5. Four people were hospitalized Tuesday night after getting sick from acidic air in the former Riverhead post office building on Second Street.