Cinco de Mayo is this weekend and there are some great events happening. Temps are warming up, and we should have nice weather for most of the weekend. Get outside and do something fun.
• Martha Clara is hosting a Santana tribute band and a vineyard walk in recognition of Cinco de Mayo. There are also a bunch of local restaurants having Cinco de Mayo drink and dinner specials. Pick up a copy of the Suffolk Times, Riverhead News-Review or Shelter Island Reporter to view specials in your area.
• There’s a bike rodeo happening Saturday for Riverhead area kids at Stotzky Park. Make sure you wear your helmets.
• Spring has sprung at Hallockville, one of my favorite North Fork places. Learn about spring on the farm. A fun event for the whole family.
• Have fun while supporting the local environment at Greenport Harbor Brewing Company’s “Hops for Habitat” art exhibit opening.
• Racing season is back at Riverhead Raceway. Click here for information about opening day events and keep reading the News-Review in print and online for updated racing information.
• Do you have your Supermoon plans set yet? Check out Moon Appreciation Night.