A Riverhead man faces a first-degree rape charge after turning himself in to Riverhead police last Wednesday evening, authorities said.
Daniel McCloud, 31, was arrested and charged with first-degree rape, a felony, according to a police blotter report. Mr. McCloud allegedly had forced a woman to have sexual intercourse at his West Main Street apartment in Riverhead the night before, according to a criminal complaint filed against him.
He was processed and held for arraignment the next morning.
• Kyle Stoddard, 21, was charged with burglary and criminal mischief charges for his alleged involvement in a break-in at Riverhead Middle School last October, Riverhead police said. On Oct. 29, a fire extinguisher and an electronic device — later determined to be Windows XP software — were taken from the school and found next to a nearby bagel shop.
The stolen items appeared to be smeared with blood, according to a previous report. Mr. Stoddard was arrested and charged with third-degree burglary and third-degree criminal mischief, police said. He was processed and held for arraignment.
Mr. Stoddard was charged with driving while intoxicated in March after riding an all-terrain vehicle with no lights.
• A lifeguard stand that went missing from Reeves Beach earlier this month was discovered Monday about nine miles east, on a stretch of Northville beach, police said. The stand, worth $1,500 according to previous reports, was removed June 7. The stand turned up three miles east of Iron Pier Beach nine days later, after a 911 caller notified police. The town’s buildings and grounds department was notified to pick up the stand, police said.
• A Riverhead man facing drug charges was arrested for trespassing after he was found on the porch of a Lincoln Street house less than two hours after police told him to leave a previous location.
Shaun Pritchard, 23, of Riverhead was told to leave the Fairfield apartment complex on July 12, police said, and he complied. But about two hours later, he was allegedly found on the porch of a house where he had been previously warned not to trespass, according to a police report. He was arrested on a civilian complaint, processed and taken to be held at Suffolk County jail, police said. In March, Mr. Pritchard was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana. That case is still ongoing.
• A Riverhead man was arrested Friday on drunk driving charges in Medford, Suffolk County police said.
Juan Depaz, 21, was driving near the intersection of Route 112 and Granny Road about 1:10 a.m. and was speeding and crossing over the shoulder, according to police and court records. Mr. Depaz was charged with driving while intoxicated, aggravated unlicensed operation of a vehicle, speeding and refusal to take a breath test, authorities said.
• A Riverhead man was arrested July 8 in Mastic on drunk driving charges, county police said.
Walter White, 41, was driving a 1994 Cadillac about 9:10 p.m. near the intersection of Aletta Place and Montauk Highway when he drove up on the curb, police said. Mr. White was charged with DWI, police said.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.