Southampton blotter: Drunk driver caught leaving McDonald’s

• A Flanders man reported that his was stolen car stolen from his driveway July 28 on Riverside Avenue. The theft is believed to have occurred between 12:30 and 1:20 a.m.

The car is described as a black 2003 Honda Accord four-door sedan, according to police.

• A 62-year-old Riverhead man who was arrested a week earlier by State Police was arrested again, this time by Southampton Town Police.

Willie Ross was picked up on a bench warrant for failure to pay a fine last Thursday at 7:12 p.m. on Flanders Road in Riverside.

The bench warrant was issued by Southampton Town Justice Ed Burke on July 22, 2014, where Mr. Ross had been facing charges of fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon and third-degree assault, according to police.

Mr. Ross was charged with driving while intoxicated and false personation on July 22, when he was arrested by state police on Flanders Road in Riverside.

• A Riverhead man was charged with driving while ability impaired by drugs at about 1:30 a.m. last Wednesday, July 30, according to police.

An employee at the Flanders Road McDonald’s in Riverside called police and said an intoxicated man was getting into a car and had crossed over the “no passing lines” in the street.

An officer arrived and arrested Ramon Delvalle, 34, of Riverhead, on a charge of driving while ability impaired by drugs on Peconic Avenue in Riverside.

• A Flanders man is being accused of submitting a forged insurance document, according to police.

Paul Fizzuoglio, 53, of Flanders, was charged with second-degree criminal possession of a forged instrument July 31 on Flanders Road in Flanders.

He was arrested by the Suffolk County District Attorney’s office on a charge related to providing a false certification of workman’s compensation insurance for contracting work, according to police. He was then released on a field appearance ticket, according to police.

• Joaquin Mendez, 41, of Pine Street in Riverside, was charged with second-degree aggravated unlicensed operation following a July 31 car accident on School Street and Church Lane in Bridgehampton at about 1 p.m.

His license had been suspended for a driving while ability impaired conviction on July 20, 2007, according to police.

There were no injuries reported in the accident, police said.

• Keith Williams, 28, of Riverhead, was charged with driving while intoxicated and failure to stop at a stop sign Friday, Aug. 2 at 3:12 a.m. on Shinnecock Road, near Norbury Road, in Hampton Bays.

He was pulled over for traffic infractions and was found to have an odor of alcohol on his breath, according to police, who said he showed other signs of intoxication such as glassy eyes, slurred speech and unsteadiness on his feet after exiting the car.

Mr. Williams failed a pre-screening breath test and performed poorly on standardized field sobriety tests, police said.

Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.