Cops: Two local businesses sold alcohol to minors
Store clerks working in Riverhead and Wading River were arrested Wednesday after New York State Police Barracks in Riverside conducted an “underage drinker enforcement operation,” according to a press release.
The following employees were issued appearance tickets in the sting and charged with unlawful dealing with a child and prohibited sale of an alcoholic beverage:
• Mecit Celik, 22, of Shirley, a clerk at 7-Eleven located at 1050 Old Country Road in Riverhead.
• Thomas Flores, 34, of Coram, a clerk at Alpine Liquors at 6249 Route 25A in Wading River.
Fourteen other establishments were targeted and found to be in compliance with the law, police said. They are:
• 7-Eleven, Riverhead
• Angelo’s Deli, Wading River
• Citgo Gas, Calverton
• Citgo Mart, Riverhead
• Hess Express, Riverhead
• Hess Mart, Riverhead
• Hess Mart, Wading River
• Mobil Gas Bolla Store, Calverton
• Mobil Gas, Riverhead
• Roanoke Liquors, Riverhead
• Sunoco Gas, Calverton
• The Thirsty Cellar, Wading River
• Valero Gas, Wading River
• Wine Depot, Riverhead