Store clerks working in Riverhead and Wading River were arrested Wednesday after New York State Police Barracks in Riverside conducted an “underage drinker enforcement operation,” according to a press release.
The following employees were issued appearance tickets in the sting and charged with unlawful dealing with a child and prohibited sale of an alcoholic beverage:
• Mecit Celik, 22, of Shirley, a clerk at 7-Eleven located at 1050 Old Country Road in Riverhead.
• Thomas Flores, 34, of Coram, a clerk at Alpine Liquors at 6249 Route 25A in Wading River.
Fourteen other establishments were targeted and found to be in compliance with the law, police said. They are:
• 7-Eleven, Riverhead
• Angelo’s Deli, Wading River
• Citgo Gas, Calverton
• Citgo Mart, Riverhead
• Hess Express, Riverhead
• Hess Mart, Riverhead
• Hess Mart, Wading River
• Mobil Gas Bolla Store, Calverton
• Mobil Gas, Riverhead
• Roanoke Liquors, Riverhead
• Sunoco Gas, Calverton
• The Thirsty Cellar, Wading River
• Valero Gas, Wading River
• Wine Depot, Riverhead