Business was good for these folks in 2014.
The Riverhead Chamber of Commerce announced its annual award recipients on Monday, and will honor the group at its yearly ceremony in December.
The following businesses and individuals were named as this year’s award recipients:
- The Blue Duck Bakery Cafe as 2014 Business of The Year;
- Woodside Orchards will receive 2014 Agricultural Achievement Award;
- Joe Gergela will receive 2014 Gold Key Award for his many contributions to the Long Island Farm Bureau and eastern Long Island in general;
- Long Ireland Beer Company will be honored with the 2014 Entrepreneurial Achievement Award;
- Verna Campbell will receive 2014 Spirit of Riverhead Award as the effervescent greeter to the Town of Riverhead;
- Carl James will be honored with 2014 Lifetime Achievement Award for his years of service to the Riverhead School District
This year’s ceremony — which is open to the public — will take place at the Inn & Spa at East Wind on Dec. 4. Tickets are $75 per person.
For more information, call Mary Hughes at 631-727-7600 or e-mail at [email protected].