Southampton Blotter: Man thwarts attackers in Riverside after break-in


A Hampton Bays man said he was attacked by two men, one of whom had a handgun, in a home on Ludlam Avenue in Riverside Saturday evening, Southampton Town police said. 

According to a report, the victim told investigators he was alone in the house and heard a knock on the door. When he answered, two men allegedly forced their way in and he became involved in a struggle with the men, during which he was hit in the collarbone with a gun before breaking free and running out the front door.

The suspects then fled on foot through a side door, police said.

The victim suffered minor injuries and nothing was stolen from the house, police said. No one else was home at the time of the incident, they said.

The victim didn’t give detailed descriptions of the suspects, police said.

• A Riverside man said he was beat up and robbed by three men last Monday on County Road 104 in Riverside, police said.

According to a report, an officer found the man lying on the ground around 3:30 p.m. with bruising and swelling to the right side of his face. The victim told the officer that about two hours earlier, three men had beaten him up and stolen about $120 from him. The victim said he was also punched several times in the face.

The victim was taken to Peconic Bay Medical Center to be treated for his injuries, police said.

• A 17-year-old girl said she was grabbed and dragged behind a wooden shack by an unknown man on Flanders Road, near Glider Avenue in Flanders, around 10 p.m. on Nov. 9, police said.

The man attempted to restrain the teenager and prevent her from getting away, but she was able to kick and free herself and then screamed, police said.

The attacker then fled south on Flanders Road toward Cypress Avenue, according to police. The victim wasn’t injured and called her mother to come get her, police said.

• A Samsung television, an Apple TV unit and two computers were reported stolen from a home on Port Street in Flanders last Tuesday night around 9 p.m., police said.

According to a report, someone entered the home and removed the items, which were worth more than $3,000.

Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.