Southampton Blotter: Flanders man attempts to flee police

A Flanders man who jumped out a second-story window to avoid police was later caught on Old Quogue Road in Riverside nine hours later, according to Southampton Town Police.

Brandon Delscid, 18, was wanted on an arrest warrant for second-degree obstructing government administration and false personation, police said. To avoid police, he allegedly jumped out of a window just after midnight Sunday on Flanders Road and fled on foot, police said.

Southampton Town Police, with help from New York State Police, caught him nine hours later on Flanders Road and charged him with resisting arrest and a second count of obstructing government administration, according to officials.

Information about the original arrest was not available.

• Robert Block, 50, of Shade Tree Lane in Aquebogue was charged with circumventing an interlock device and driving without a license when he was pulled over for making a restricted right turn on Flanders Road in Flanders last Tuesday morning, police said. Police found he had a suspended license and no ignition interlock device in his car as required by court.

Mr. Block had previously been arrested for driving while intoxicated in 2008 when he crashed a Riverhead firetruck into a telephone poll with his 8-year-old son in the truck. That charge was reduced to driving while ability impaired. Mr. Block also was charged with DWI in June of 2013 in Aquebogue, according to prior coverage.

• A snowblower had been reported stolen from the front porch of a Flanders man’s home on Groves Drive Feb. 14. The suspect was said to be going door-to-door asking people if they wanted their snow plowed, according to police, who were unable to locate the suspect or the snowblower.

The snowblower, an electric start Yard Machine, was valued at $400, according to police.

• A Flanders man reported last Wednesday that an unknown person had illegally used his credit card number to make numerous out of country purchases totaling $539, according to police.

The man was advised by his credit card company to call police, officials said.