Five people were arrested on various charges during beefed up patrols and checkpoints over the holiday weekend in town, Riverhead police said.
The district attorney’s office coordinated the efforts, which were helped along by state police, the Suffolk County Police Department and Southold and Shelter Island town police officers.
• Sophia Zla, 26, of Great River, N.Y. for driving while ability impaired by drugs.
• Ken Raynor, 48, of East Quogue, for DWI.
• Robinson Donaban, 23, of Riverside, for seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance.
• John Gamble, 33, of Riverside, for DWI.
• Ceasr Gonzalez, 26, of Greenport, for DWI.