Riverhead Town police responded at about 4:40 p.m. Saturday to a report of a highly intoxicated man sleeping near the Long Island Rail Road tracks by Mill Road.
The Metropolitan Transportation Authority police were notified and responded, and the Riverhead Volunteer Ambulance came and transported Jose D. Canel, 42, of Riverhead, to Peconic Bay Medical Center.
Mr. Canel was issued a summons by the MTA police for trespassing on private property — in this case, the railroad tracks.
He had not been hit by a train, but the train was delayed by his lying near the tracks.
• An unknown man and woman stole 125 tee shirts from the Guess Factory Store at Tanger Outlets at about 1 p.m. Monday. The value of the stolen shirts is $2,873, according to police.
• Another unknown man and woman, whose description did not match that of the those at the Guess Factory Store, removed about $3,000 worth of clothing from the Lacoste Outlet at Tanger Outlets at about 5 p.m. Sunday at the LaCoste Outlet at Tanger Outlets, according to police.
• Someone entered a basement door of a home on West Main Street at about 5:30 p.m. Saturday and removed about 200 feet of half-inch copper pipe, according to police, who said the value of the stolen pipe is not known.
• Police received a report than an unknown man had stolen about $84 from a woman at Stop and Shop on Route 58 at about 5:43 p.m. Monday.
The case is being investigated by detectives, police said.
• A red travel bag containing clothing and makeup was reported stolen from a woman’s car on West Main Street Saturday just after midnight, according to police.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.