A Riverhead man was arrested in an out-of-town DWI enforcement effort over the weekend.
David Morgan, 29, was charged with driving while intoxicated during an overnight sobriety checkpoint conducted by Suffolk County police in Port Jefferson Station.
• Christopher Herb, 40, of Aquebogue, was charged with driving while intoxicated Monday at about 3:37 p.m. on the Long Island Expressway, police said.
• A Baiting Hollow resident reported last Tuesday night that someone had stolen a tax return check worth $1,149. The detective division is investigating the case, police said.
• Two motorcycles were reported stolen last Thursday at about 6:30 p.m. from a horticultural business on Main Road in Aquebogue, police said. One was a 2009 Honda motorcycle valued at about $1,500 and the other was a 1987 Yamaha motorcycle valued at about $400, according to police, who said the detective division is investigating the case.
• An officer found a machete in the street on Osborn Avenue at about 9:30 a.m. Monday. The machete was placed in the police department’s property section, officials said.
• A woman reported that a Samsung Galaxy tablet valued at about $300 was stolen from All-Star on Main Road in Aquebogue last Thursday night at about 9:20 p.m., police said.
• Someone damaged the windshield of a car on Main Road in Jamesport last Tuesday at 1:25 a.m., according to police.
• A man stole $20 from a tip jar at Eddy’s Barber Shop on East Main Street in Riverhead last Tuesday at 2:49 p.m, police said.