PSEG Long Island workers will be trimming trees, installing new utility poles, setting up more weather-resistant wiring and upgrading its systems to have less customers affected by outages across Riverhead this month.
Two projects were announced for roughly 10 miles of roadway, with both projected expected to begin this month and be completed in May.
The following roads will be worked on by PSEG employees. Check below for a map of the roadwork:
- Sound Avenue east of Edwards Avenue and west of Cross River Drive
- Edwards Avenue south of Route 25
- Riley Avenue between Edwards Avenue and Twomey Avenue
- Twomey Avenue south of Sound Avenue and north of Route 25
- Osborn Avenue south of Sound Avenue
- Mill Road north of Middle Road
- Roanoke Avenue south of Sound Avenue and North of Middle Road
- Route 25 between Howell Avenue and Washington Avenue
- Tuthills Lane between Route 25 and south of South Apollo Drive
In addition, switching equipment will be installed at:
- Main Road between West Lane and Church Lane
- Roanoke Avenue and Sound Avenue
- Riley Avenue west of Twomey Avenue
- Edgar Avenue south of Main Road
- Old Country Road between Northville Turnpike and Park Avenue
- Peconic Bay Boulevard between Washington Avenue and South Jamesport Avenue
- Tuthills Lane north of Main Road
PSEG crews will work on the poles from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday, with some evening and Sunday work. No work will be done on major national holidays.
Drivers can expect “minor” traffic interruptions for safety reasons, according to PSEG.