An 18-year-old Riverhead man reported being beaten and robbed on Union Avenue in Riverhead Saturday night at about 9 p.m., police said.
The victim said he was walking on Union Avenue when an unknown man walked up to him and punched him several times and then stole his wallet and cellphone before running off, according to police.
The suspect is described as a black male in his early 20s wearing all black clothing, police said.
The investigation is ongoing. Anyone who may have information is asked to call the Riverhead Police Department at 631-727-4500.
• Brandon LaPointe, 23, of Middle Island was charged with petit larceny at Walmart Sunday night. Police said he entered the store, took a ceiling fan off the shelf, and then took it to the customer service desk and attempted to return it in exchange for a store gift card, police said.
• Four women attempted to steal $1,552 worth of merchandise from the Walmart store on Route 58 last Tuesday. Store security stopped them and the merchandise was recovered, police said, adding that the four women fled on foot in an unknown direction.
• Marta Menendez-Herrera, 25, of Riverhead was charged with petit larceny following her arrest at Kmart on Route 58 last Wednesday night, according to police. She attempted to steal $274 worth of merchandise but was caught by store security and turned over to police, officials said.
• About $5,000 worth of landscaping equipment was reported stolen from Sound Gardens on Route 25A in Wading River Friday.
• A Stihl gas-powered leaf blower valued at $450 was reported stolen from Verderber’s Garden Center on Main Road in Aquebogue last Thursday.
• Two Dyson vacuum cleaners valued at $600 were reported stolen from Target on Route 58 last Thursday.
• An unknown person reportedly kicked in a night stand bedroom drawer and removed $741 from an envelope at a home on Maple Avenue in Riverhead Monday night, according to police.
• A Riverhead man told police last Thursday that someone illegally opened a Citibank credit card in his name and purchased $892 worth of items from Home Depot.
• A cellphone valued at $500 was reported stolen at Riverhead High School last Wednesday afternoon, according to police.