A woman told police she jumped from a moving car last Friday afternoon, injuring her back, left foot, hip and buttocks, according to police.
Police responded to the Wading River Motel for an emergency medical call about 4:26 p.m. and spoke to the victim. The woman said she was in the passenger seat of a moving vehicle when she jumped out of the car.
She said the incident happened on either Route 25 or Route 58 in Riverhead, but she refused to give police any further information regarding the incident, according to police. She was taken to Peconic Bay Medical Center for treatment by Riverhead ambulance volunteers.
• Two women were observed stealing $439 worth of merchandise from the UGG Australia store at Tanger Outlets last Tuesday afternoon.
• An unknown person broke the driver’s side window of a car parked at the Roanoke Apartments on Roanoke Avenue just before midnight Monday, removing $57 and a black purse, according to police.
• Jason Conley, 21, of Bellport was charged with second-degree criminal contempt last Tuesday on Wading River-Manorville Road and Middle Country Road in Wading River, police said.
• Victor Guevara, 40, address unavailable, was charged with forcible touching following his arrest at a Wading River restaurant last Thursday afternoon, according to a report.
• A car that was reported stolen out of the Southampton Town police jurisdiction was located on Zion Street in Aquebogue Sunday morning, according to Riverhead police.