Clerks at three local stores were recently busted in a police sting operation that found the employees sold alcohol to minors, Riverhead Town police said.
The Riverhead Town Police Department’s COPE Unit conducted New York State Liquor Authority compliance checks at 19 stores and found the following establishments were in violation of selling alcohol to patrons under the age of 21, according to a police press release issued Saturday:
• Valero, 4904 Rt. 25A in Wading River.
• 76 Gas, 4123 Rt. 25 in Calverton.
• Speedway, 870 Old Country Rd. in Riverhead.
Police said the following clerks were arrested and charged with first-degree unlawfully dealing with a child:
• Robert Prianti, 54, of Riverhead.
• Zeynep Ozge Nursen, 25, of Shoreham.
• Jay Vincent Neudeck, 21, of Mattituck.