A Memorial Day sobriety checkpoint nabbed seven people on drunk driving charges between Saturday night and Sunday morning, according to Riverhead Town police.
The arrests were made in conjunction with the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Driving While Intoxicated Task Force, which used members of the Shelter Island, Southold and Riverhead town departments, along with members of the Suffolk County and New York State police, officials said.
Police arrested the following:
• Gregory Zilnicki, 24, of Calverton was arrested around 9 p.m. Saturday on Sound Avenue in Northville and charged with DWI and unlawful possession of marijuana.
• Lauren Gerstle, 30, of Brooklyn was arrested Saturday night on Sound Avenue in Northville and charged with DWI.
• Jose Lopez-Solano, 29, of Cutchogue was arrested Saturday night on Sound Avenue in Northville and charged with felony DWI.
• Malcolm Kelly, 25, of Shirley was arrested around 3:30 a.m. Sunday on Peconic Avenue in Riverhead and charged with driving while ability impaired.
• Alexandro Valle-Martinez, 31, of Riverhead was arrested around 3 a.m. Sunday on East Main Street in Riverhead and charged with DWI.
• Alicia Booker, 27, of Riverhead was arrested around 3 a.m. Sunday on Ostrander Avenue in Riverhead and charged with DWI.
• Edward Kropas, 58, of Hampton Bays was arrested and charged with DWI. Additional information was unavailable.