A man fell in the water near Grangebel Park around 7:45 p.m. last Wednesday and was taken to Peconic Bay Medical Center in Riverhead for treatment of cold-water exposure, Riverhead Town police said.
A 911 caller reported seeing a man in the water behind Riverside Laundry in Grangebel Park. An officer then located the man in distress in the water.
The man removed himself from the water and was taken to PBMC by Riverhead Volunteer Ambulance, police said. Additional information was unavailable.
• Police arrested a man for second-degree assault and leaving the scene of an accident Sunday afternoon on Osborn Avenue in Riverhead.
Jonathan Trent, age and address unavailable, reportedly hit someone with his car and then fled the scene on foot heading south on Osborn Avenue, police said.
A responding officer found Mr. Trent at the Middle Road/Osborn Avenue traffic circle and arrested him, police said.
• A Rocky Point woman is accused of illegally charging more than $200 to a Wading River man’s credit card, police said.
The victim reported that his credit card was being used without his permission. Riverhead detectives traced the crime back to Emily Mioducki of Rocky Point, 20, who was arrested Saturday morning on a third-degree identity theft charge, a misdemeanor.
Ms. Mioducki used the man’s credit card to purchase $235 worth of gift cards and other items at the Family Dollar Neighborhood Discount store in Rocky Point, police said.
• A “suspicious person” was arrested for third-degree criminal trespass last Tuesday morning at St. David’s School on Roanoke Avenue, Riverhead police said.
Edmund Blazer, 38, who police have said is homeless, was found hiding inside a wall at the school following an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting held the day before, police said.
• Someone stole $600 from a parked car on North Griffing Avenue in Riverhead around 11:20 p.m. Monday night, police said.
• Employees at the Giorgio Armani store at Tanger Outlets in Riverhead told police that several women stole about $150 worth of T-shirts from the store around 6 p.m. Friday, police said.
• Carlton Strong Jr., 65, address unavailable, was charged with driving while intoxicated, aggravated unlicensed driving and a lane violation after he was pulled over in the Riverhead Plaza parking lot off Route 58 just after midnight Saturday, police said.
• Kristin Veto, 35, address unavailable, was charged with petit larceny after she attempted to steal $103 worth of merchandise from Walmart on Route 58 around 6 p.m. Saturday, police said.
• Margaret Wallace, 48, address unavailable, was charged with petit larceny at 11:17 a.m. Sunday at Walmart on Route 58. She was arrested on a civilian complaint filed by store security, police said. Additional information was unavailable.
• Stanley Lawrence, age and address unavailable, was charged with petit larceny around 5:45 p.m. Monday at Walmart on Route 58. Store security placed him under civilian arrest for allegedly shoplifting $198 worth of assorted merchandise, police said.
• Tomasz Zalewski of Riverhead, 27, was charged with petit larceny Monday afternoon at Walmart on Route 58, police said. Additional information was unavailable.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.