A former 7-Eleven employee reportedly stole cash from a register at the convenience store located near the Route 58 traffic circle in Riverhead and left an “I owe you” note, police said.
Charges were filed Monday around 12:15 p.m. after the thief refused to pay the store back, officials said.
Police declined to provide any additional details about the investigation into the incident.
• Charles Scruggs, 28, of Riverhead was arrested last Thursday around 7 p.m. on drug charges following a police foot pursuit on East Main Street in Riverhead, officials said. He was charged with fifth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and criminal possession of a hypodermic instrument, police said. He was also arrested on an active Riverhead Town Justice Court bench warrant, the report states.
• Alyssa Langhorn, 26, of Ridge was arrested Saturday around 1:05 a.m. on Middle Country Road in Wading River and charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and traffic violations, police said.
• Christian Sullivan, 17, of Calverton was arrested last Wednesday around 12:20 a.m. on Route 58 in Riverhead and charged with driving while impaired by drugs, unlawful possession of marijuana and a speeding violation, police said.
• Michelle Blake, 25, of Hampton Bays was arrested Saturday around 4:30 p.m. on East Main Street in Riverhead and charged with driving while ability impaired, police said.
• Police received a report Saturday around 8:30 p.m. that someone was assaulted with a metal object at Riverhead High School, officials said. Police declined to provide any additional details.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.