Riverhead Town police arrested a Riverhead man for felony drug possession last Wednesday, according to a police report.
Marcus Belcher, 25, was stopped while driving on West Main Street around 1:10 a.m. when police found two plastic bags containing hard substances, a blue glove with light powder, five suboxone sublingual pills and a digital scale, officials said.
Mr. Belcher was charged with third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, fourth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, two counts of fifth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, all felonies, as well as seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and second-degree use of drug paraphernalia, both misdemeanors, and a violation.
• A Riverhead man was arrested for driving with a suspended license last Tuesday.
Joseph Terruso, 34, was stopped for a traffic infraction on Route 58 around 9:50 a.m. when police learned he had a revoked New York State driver’s license as of September 2012 for driving impaired by combining multiple drugs and alcohol, officials said.
Mr. Terruso was arrested for felony aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and a violation.
• Police arrested a Riverhead man for driving while intoxicated in Riverhead last Friday.
Derrick Bush, 36, was involved in a car accident around 10:45 p.m. on Osborn Avenue when police determined he was intoxicated, officials said.
He was charged with DWI, aggravated DWI, both misdemeanors, and a violation.
• Edward Allen was arrested for DWI near East Main Street and Philip Street in Riverhead around 3:30 a.m. Sunday, officials said.
• A Riverhead man was arrested for marijuana possession Saturday.
Tarell Halloway, 29, was seen behind Riverhead Laundromat on West Main Street smoking a hand-rolled cigarette around 1:15 p.m. Saturday, officials said. Police also reportedly found a small amount of marijuana in Mr. Halloway’s front pants pocket.
He was charged with misdemeanor fifth-degree criminal possession of marijuana and a violation.
• Police arrested Kenneth Capazzola for misdemeanor fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property at police headquarters around 12 p.m. last Wednesday, officials said.
• A Flanders man was arrested for driving with a suspended license in Riverhead Saturday.
Kevin Smith, 41, was stopped after driving through a stop sign on Raynor Avenue around 1:15 p.m. when police learned he had a suspended license.
He was charged with misdemeanor third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle.
• A Parkway Street resident reported that an unknown person entered his locked bedroom through a window and took cash and two handguns around 1:05 a.m. Friday, officials said.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.