A Riverhead man was arrested on a drug possession charge last Wednesday during a traffic stop in Riverhead, according to a Riverhead Town police report.
Andre Javon Machuca-Baskin, 20, was driving a gray 2013 Kia Optima near the intersection of East Main Street and Fairway Avenue around 4 p.m. when he was pulled over, officials said. The officer noticed a strong odor of marijuana and Mr. Machuca-Baskin told the officer that he had marijuana under his seat, officials said. He was charged with fifth-degree criminal possession of marijuana, police said.
• A Riverhead man was arrested on a drunken-driving charge Sunday on Peconic Avenue, police said.
Marcos Hernandez-Banda, 38, was pulled over around 12:30 a.m. and charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated, officials said.
• Arturo Thompson was arrested Sunday around 1 a.m. on Roanoke Avenue in Riverhead and charged with DWI, police said.
• A Riverhead teen accused of inappropriately touching a woman in front of Home Goods in Riverhead was arrested Friday, according to a police report.
The victim contacted police around 9:50 a.m. to report the unknown man’s actions, which took place while she waited for the store to open, officials said.
Police found the suspect, 17-year-old Quashiem Miller, near the intersection of Osborn and Railroad avenues and charged him with third-degree sexual abuse, the report states. No other details about the incident were immediately available.
• Doretta Pendleton, 43, of Mastic was arrested Sunday around 2:35 p.m. at Walmart in Riverhead and charged with petit larceny, police said.
• Bradford Collins was arrested Sunday around 3:30 p.m. at Walmart in Riverhead and charged with petit larceny, police said.
• Zaman Kamruz was arrested Saturday around 4:30 p.m. on Fresh Pond Avenue in Calverton and charged with petit larceny, police said.
• Richard Mahler, 27, of Riverhead was arrested last Thursday around 1:10 p.m. at Walgreens in Riverhead and charged with petit larceny, police said.
• Police received a report last Wednesday afternoon that the driver of a Lexus ran over someone’s foot near Saks Off Fifth in Riverhead. No other details about the incident were available.
• A black Schwinn 10-speed men’s bicycle and a portable satellite dish valued at $460 were reported stolen Saturday morning from the Riverhead Moose Lodge, police said.
• Six locker thefts were reported Saturday night at Splish Splash in Calverton, police said. No other details about the incident were available.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.