The daughter of Louise Pietrewicz, the Cutchogue woman who disappeared in 1966 and whose remains were found 51 years later, has filed a notice of claim against Southold Town and its police department, charging that officials “knowingly” concealed the circumstances of the death and “thoroughly” failed to investigate who was responsible. READ
Times Review Media Group executive editor Steve Wick and digital content director Grant Parpan invited readers to share questions about their investigation into the 1966 disappearance of Cutchogue’s Louise Pietrewicz in this ‘live’ episode recorded Thursday afternoon.
Following their story on the final report in the Louise Pietrewicz homicide investigation, Times Review Media Group editors Grant Parpan and Steve Wick talk about what they learned this week, the questions that still exist and the conclusion of an 18-month reporting project.
Closer Look is a weekly podcast taking a deeper dive into the issues Times Review Media Group staffers are writing about. This week’s episode was made possible by advertising support from Peconic Bay Medical Center.
Get the Closer Look and our daily update delivered straight to your inbox each weekday morning by subscribing to our newsletter. Or listen through Apple Podcasts by subscribing to Closer Look.
Speaking with Southold police investigators in March 2018, shortly before the remains of a Cutchogue woman missing for more than 50 years were discovered, the former wife of the suspected killer revealed that she had told one person about the murder: the man who had been chief of police when it occurred. READ
Louise Pietrewicz, the Cutchogue woman who was missing for more than 51 years before her remains were discovered in Southold last month, died from a series of gunshot wounds to the torso, the Suffolk County Medical Examiner’s office has told her family. (more…)