A Flanders man accused of sexually abusing two young children posted bail soon after being indicted by a Suffolk County grand jury last week, court officials said this week.
Albert Carini, 53, was held on $500,000 bond or $150,000 cash bail after his indictment on multiple sexual abuse charges on Aug. 3, according to online court records.
He pleaded not guilty and posted bail the next day, court officials said.
Mr. Carini was arrested on July 20 and has been accused of two felonies — first-degree course of sexual conduct against a child and second-degree course of sexual conduct against a child — and three misdemeanors — second-degree sexual abuse and two counts of endangering the welfare of a child, said Suffolk District Attorney spokesman Robert Clifford.
The Flanders man is also accused of abusing a child less than 14 years old in November 2009, the indictment states.
Mr. Carini is listed as co-owner of a more than 3,500-square-foot, two-story home on Pleasure Drive, according to Southampton Town tax records. The home was built in 2005 on a 2-acre property, town officials said, and is listed as a single family residence with an accessory apartment.
A woman who answered the door at the home declined to comment on the charges against Mr. Carini Tuesday.
Neighbors near the Pleasure Drive home said they did not know the man well, adding that people in the neighborhood of large houses and spacious properties keep mostly to themselves.
Mr. Carini is due back in court on Aug. 23, according to court records.
According to the indictment, Mr. Carini “engaged in two or more acts of sexual conduct” between mid-2011 and the end of May 2012 with a child younger than 11 years old, including at least one act of sexual intercourse, oral sexual conduct, anal sexual conduct or aggravated sexual contact.