• Art by Greenport School students in grades K-12 will be part of a youth art exhibit titled ‘Students View American Still Life’ on view from Jan. 29 to Feb. 27 at Floyd Memorial Library. The young artists’ work was a response to “American Still Life: Treasures from the Parrish Art Museum,” the fall exhibition at the Southampton museum.
An opening reception will be held at the library from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 29. Call 477-0660.
• ‘Crusoe, the Canine Castaway,’ a children’s book illustrated by Southold artist Nick Cardone and written by Marion Margolis, is available through Barnes & Noble bookstore. The “Down Under” adventure story is loosely based on a true account of an Australian cattle dog’s exploits.
• The Cloud Nine North Fork Painting Group will show acrylics and oils in Peconic Bay Winery’s tasting room in Cutchogue from Feb. 1 to 28. A reception for the eight local artists represented will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 6.
• The first-ever Artists’ Lounge will be hosted by East End Arts Council from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 4, at the EEAC gallery in Riverhead. It’s an opportunity for local artists to meet one another and talk shop. “Mocktails” and light hors d’oeuvres will be served, with entertainment provided by Ben Riley and Teddy Charles of the Jazz Foundation of America. Admission is free; call 727-0900.
• Artwork will be accepted for a mixed media show to celebrate Studio East Gallery’s 25th show. All themes are welcome; the show’s purpose is to “promote and inspire emerging and established artists in a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere,” according to a press release. Dropoff dates at the Greenport location are Friday, Feb. 4, 2:30 to 4:30 p.m., and Saturday, Feb. 5, 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. The show runs Feb. 12 to March 5, with a reception set for Saturday, Feb. 19, 5:30 to 8 p.m.
To send arts news, e-mail email@example.com, fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.