Mark Auerbeck, 32, of Riverhead was arrested in connection with a 1:30 p.m. incident on Center Drive in Riverhead Monday involving a male family member, authorities said. Mr. Auerbeck was charged with fourth-degree criminal mischief and resisting arrest. No additional details were available.
• A contractor overseeing a project at a Kings Drive home in Riverhead reported that someone stole $2,500 worth of copper pipe and $1,500 worth of tools from the job site last Wednesday night, according to police. The items, which included a compressor, skill saw and drill, were taken from the house’s basement. The theft was reported about 9 a.m. Thursday morning. No arrests have been made.
• Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying the person or people who stole a Suzuki ATV from a Riverhead area home in August.
Town police said a 2005 Suzuki LTZ-400 ATV went missing from the bed of a pickup truck parked outside a Sound Avenue house on Aug. 20. The vehicle is valued at more than $2,500.
Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call Suffolk County Crime Stoppers at 800-220-TIPS. Police are offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information leading to an arrest. All calls will be kept confidential.
• A resident of Robinson Parkway in Riverhead reported that an unknown man was standing inside his house when he arrived home about 5 p.m. last Thursday. The man fled the property on a bicycle.
• Someone took an envelope containing $1,012 in cash from a car parked outside a Wading River Manor Road home sometime last week. The theft was reported about 11:30 a.m. Saturday.
• Someone stole 89 Norco pills, a prescription narcotic pain reliever, from a bottle inside a car parked near a house on 15th Street in Wading River Sunday. The theft was reported about 1:30 p.m.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.