• A Greenport Gallery Walk will be held Saturday, May 30, from 2 to 6 p.m. in downtown Greenport Village.
Participating venues are Cindy Pease Roe Studio, Hector deCordova Studio, Nova Constellatio Gallery, South Street Gallery & Framers, The Sirens’ Song Gallery and the gallery at Greenport Harbor Brewing Co. Other stops, where art can be viewed or bought, include Fiedler Gallery, Floyd Memorial Library’s downstairs gallery, Gallery M and the Weathered Barn. (more…)
• “Message on a Bottle,” an exhibit of sketches by East Hampton artist Scott Bluedorn, will open with a reception from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday, May 16, at Greenport Harbor Brewing Company’s Greenport location.
Several of Mr. Bluedorn’s surreal sketches have been used as labels for the brewery’s recently released bottles. The show, which will also include other, unrelated work, will run through July 20. (more…)
• Call for artists: East End Arts seeks work for its juried all-media art show, “Novel Materials/New Techniques.” The show will run from June 19 to July 31 in the Riverhead gallery. Margery Gosnell-Qua, artist and curator of Suffolk County Community College’s Lyceum Gallery, is the guest juror. (more…)
• ‘The Natural Beauty of Plum Island: Sea, Seals, Sunsets and More,’ an exhibit of photographs and paintings, will be on view at Southold Historical Society’s Cosden-Price Gallery in downtown Southold from May 9 to 30. A related exhibit will run from May 5 to June 15 at Floyd Memorial Library in Greenport. (more…)
• East End Arts has been named a finalist in the third annual Long Island Imagine Awards in the Innovation Award category.
The Riverhead group’s nomination came as a result of its role in founding and managing the music festival Winterfest Live on the Vine at local wineries and other venues. (more…)
• The Old Town Arts and Crafts Guild in Cutchogue will present the exhibit and sale ‘Historical Art Collection of the North Fork’ from April 18 to 26. The artists whose work is featured are Angela Raso, Joseph Beckwith Hartranft, Larry Waitz, Helen Kroeger, Dorothy Whitehead, Jay Throne, Gertrude Ali, Laura McBride, Stow Wengenroth and Whitney Hubbard.
The show will be open Saturdays, April 18 and 25, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sundays, April 19 and 26, noon to 5 p.m. (more…)
Last year’s grand prize winning entry by Audrey Zhang.
• Call for young artists: Entries are sought for the Arts Alive LI 2015 Poster Contest, whose theme is “I Love Long Island.” Open to students in pre-K through grade 12, the contest is sponsored by Arts Alive LI, a program of the Long Island Arts Alliance. (more…)
• An exhibit of work by animator Don Duga and fine artist/independent filmmaker Irra Verbitsky will be on view April 8 to May 28 at Riverhead Free Library’s Elizabeth Fox Overton Gallery. Both artists are longtime Riverhead residents.
The two artists will be on hand for a talk and reception from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday, April 25. (more…)