Riverhead Police are on the hunt for two men (pictured at right), who pulled off a smash-and-grab burglary at Paul’s Cleaners in Riverhead last month — and they need the public’s help in finding them.
Officials on Tuesday released two photographs taken from surveillance cameras during the Aug. 31 heist. The two men, one in a black hoodie, one in a white hoodie, smashed a glass door at the Route 58 cleaner’s, ransacked the business and made off with cash and change from two registers, police said.
Suffolk County Crime Stoppers is offering a $5,000 cash reward for any information that helps lead to an arrest. Call 800-220-TIPS.
All calls will be kept confidential.
* Santos Vasquez-Chaves, 23, of Westhampton was arrested at Casa Rica Restaurant and Sports Bar on East Main Street in Riverhead about 2 a.m. Sunday and charged with exposure of a person, town police said. No additional information was available.
* Guilio Riccobono, 38, of Riverhead was arrested after he was spotted breaking the driver’s side window of a car, but first he led police on a foot chase that ended at Digger O’Dell’s Irish Pub and Restaurant on West Main Street, authorities said. Mr. Riccobono was charged with criminal mischief, town police said.
* Joseph Caridi, 27, of Miller Place was arrested at police headquarters about 11:45 a.m. last Tuesday and charged with failing to register as a sex offender, police said.
* Matthew More, 16, was caught trying to break into a car on Maidstone Lane in Wading River Saturday, town police said. Mr. More, who cops said had marijuana, narcotics and an assortment of electronics on him, was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance, unlawful possession of marijuana and petit larceny, officials said.
* Meketa Sutton, 35, of Riverhead was arrested about 1:45 a.m. last Wednesday and charged with second-degree harassment, officials said. Mr. Sutton is accused of violating an order of protection secured by a female acquaintance, police said.
* A 14-year-old girl said she was beaten up by three unknown men near Riverhead High School about 8 p.m. Saturday. No arrests have been made and no further information was available.
* Michael Gaines, 33, of Southampton was arrested about 11:30 a.m. Tuesday on Lewis Street in Riverhead and charged with false personation, aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and was also found to be wanted on outstanding warrants from the New York State Division of Parole, town police said. No additional information was available.
* Someone driving a 1995 Plymouth Suburban on Riley Avenue in Calverton hit another car about 7:30 p.m. Sunday and fled the scene on foot, town police said. No arrests have been made.
Those who are named in police reports have not been convicted of any crime or violation. The charges against them may later be reduced or withdrawn, or they may be found innocent.