Firefighters from the Jamesport and Riverhead fire departments responded to a chimney fire at a home on Peconic Bay Boulevard in Jamesport Thursday afternoon.
No injuries were reported and the house did not sustain major damage, according to Jamesport Chief Gary Faucon. Firefighters were using fans to clear smoke out of the home.
Two people were home at the time and were safely outside when firefighters first arrived just after 12:30 p.m., Chief Faucon said. The scene was under control shortly before 1:30 p.m.
Riverhead police were also on scene and traffic was still moving on Peconic Bay Boulevard as firefighters responded.