Update: Pedestrian in fatal crash identified as 43-year-old Flanders man

Update (Tuesday, 9:30 a.m.): Southampton Town police identified the pedestrian killed in Sunday’s crash as Julio Sicay-Perez, 43, of Flanders.

“The community responded to the request for information in an overwhelming way,” police said Tuesday morning. “This assisted Southampton Town police to notify the victims’ family.”

Update (6 p.m.): Southampton Town police are seeking the public’s help to identify the pedestrian who died Sunday night.

Nearly 22 hours after the crash, police had not yet identified the man, who’s believed to be in his 40s or 50s. Police released a picture of a tattoo located on the man’s left outer calf to possibly help track down the man’s next of kin.

Police said the man was about 5 foot 6 with a thin build. He was Hispanic, wearing a Chicago Bulls hat, black jeans, a black sweatshirt, black and red Converse sneakers and was carrying a black backpack.

Anyone with information can contact detectives at 631-702-2230 or the Southampton police TIPS hotline: 631-728-3454. Tips can also be emailed to [email protected].

Original Story: A pedestrian died after being struck by two vehicles Sunday night at the intersection of Flanders Road and Route 105, according to Southampton Town police.

In an update Monday morning, police confirmed the man died at the scene from extensive injuries and police were still working to identify the man.

Police received several 911 calls at about 7:30 p.m. The pedestrian allegedly ran out in front of a Mercedes SUV driven by a Madison, Conn. man that was turning from Flanders Road onto Route 105. The man was struck by the SUV and then sent into a lane of travel where a second vehicle, a Honda Odyssey driven by a 37-year-old Riverhead man, struck him as well.

Members of the Flanders Northampton Volunteer Ambulance Corps and the Flanders Fire Department responded to the scene for assistance.

Southampton detectives are currently investigating the crash.

Both drivers involved in the crash remained at the scene and were cooperating with investigators.

Correction: The second driver was operating a Honda Odyssey, not a Toyota.