• “Light and Shadows,” pastels and acrylics by Fran Liburt of Orient, is on view at Mattituck-Laurel Library during February. An artist’s reception will be held from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 5. Ms. Liburt donated one of her paintings for the library’s January art raffle.
• Mattituck-Laurel Library’s downstairs display case will hold a collection of art in wood by Harry Wicks of Cutchogue through March 30. Most of Mr. Wicks’ pieces are fashioned from local wood, much of it “rescued” from downed trees.
• An ‘Artist-in-Residence Retrospective’ will be the focus of East End Arts’ First Friday Arts Talk for February. The informal presentation will start at 6 p.m. Friday, Feb. 3, in the EEA carriage house in Riverhead. Past and future EEA artists-in-residence will discuss their experiences or goals in the program; artists interested in applying to the program are encouraged to attend. Call 369-2171 or visit eastendarts.org.
• ‘Poetry at Poquatuck,’ a celebration of poetry and art, will take place at 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 4, at the Orient hall. Poets Luke Conti, Vivian Eyre, Pierre Gazarian, Sarah Kain Gutawski, Billy Hands, Yvonne Lieblein, Tammy Nuzzo-Morgan and Adam Penna will be featured, as will artists Alan Bull, Holly Mastrangelo and Annie Wildey.
Admission of $10 will benefit Poquatuck Hall. Contact Linton Duell at email@example.com.
• ‘Art Through the Ages II,’ a group art show featuring work by Peconic Landing residents and art students from Greenport Schools, will be on view from Feb. 3 to 12 at Brecknock Hall in Greenport. Exhibit hours are 2 to 5 p.m. An opening will be
held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 3.
• A preview of ‘Alan Bull: An Oysterponds Sampler’ is set for 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 4, at Oysterponds Historical Society’s Janet T. Swanson Gallery in Orient. The exhibit of multimedia representations of the artist’s favorite places in Orient, along with essays and personal anecdotes, will be open 2 to 5 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays through Feb. 26.
• Black-and-white images by landscape photographer Ken Hubbard can be seen from Feb. 5 to April 1 at Clovis Point winery in Jamesport. A reception for the artist will be held from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 25.
• Painter Bryan Gutman and photographer Howard Stevens will be the featured artists at Jamesport Manor Inn’s Rosalie Dimon Gallery from Feb. 3 to May 2. Mr. Gutman, of Patchogue, mainly paints local landscapes, particularly autumnal scenes. Mr. Stevens, a Rocky Point resident, travels the world for his images of people and places.
A reception is set for 3 to 5 p.m. Sunday, March 4. The exhibit is a joint effort of the Jamesport Manor Inn and East End Arts, of which both artists are members.
• Small works in oil by Naomi Campbell are on view through March 5 at The South Street Gallery & Framers in Greenport.
To send arts news, email firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times/Review Newspapers, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952. Copy deadline: Wednesday at 5 p.m. to appear the following week.