Lois Ross, left, leads the choir at a 2011 practice session of North Fork Chorale.
Members of the North Fork Chorale gathered at director Lois Ross’ dinning room table Friday morning. The discussion ranged from recent vacations, family updates and the group’s upcoming December concert series.
It is not an uncommon occurrence for members.
“In between songs everyone is talking to each other,” said Chorale treasurer Gene Yourch.
“Friendships come out of our group,” added his wife Mary, the group’s secretary. “There isn’t a person here I wouldn’t move my chair to sit next to. Everyone is family.”
It’s a 78-year tradition and one the Yourchs and other members hope to continue for years to come despite dwindling financial resources. (more…)
• Work by abstract painter Ine Wijt-vliet and classical painter Natalia Clarke will be on view Oct. 31 to Feb. 4 at Jamesport Manor Inn’s Rosalie Dimon Gallery. An artists’ reception is set for 3 to 5 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 9. (more…)
‘The Boy Friend’ runs through Nov. 9 at North Fork Community Theatre. (Credit: Katharine Schroeder)
Sandy Wilson’s “The Boy Friend” is the latest spirited musical production to be offered by North Fork Community Theatre in Mattituck. Set in France during the Roaring Twenties, this play may be light on plot but it is strong on engaging song-and-dance numbers and laughs. (more…)
• “A Recent Series,” an exhibit of abstract painting by Andrew Masino, is on view Oct. 23 to Nov. 10 at Gallery Crossing in Peconic. An artist’s reception will be held from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 25. (more…)
The North Fork Community Theatre presents ‘The Boy Friend’ beginning Thursday in Mattituck. (Credit: Katharine Schroeder)
“The Boy Friend,” Sandy Wilson’s musical comedy set in the 1920s French Riviera, will be presented Oct. 23 to Nov. 9 at North Fork Community Theatre in Mattituck. (more…)
• “Oil and Water,” a show of paintings by Carol Halliburton and photographs by Sally Gelling, will be on view Oct. 18 to Nov. 30 at Floyd Memorial Library in Greenport. (more…)
‘Waterlily’ by artist Sharon Way-Howard.
• Work by Sayville artist Sharon Way-Howard can be seen from Oct. 9, through Oct. 20 at Gallery Crossing in Peconic. (more…)
‘Family Tree In Winter’ by Daniel Jones.
• Work by photographers Daniel Jones and Jim Sabiston will be on view Oct. 4 to Nov. 3 at South Street Gallery in Greenport. A reception will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 4. (more…)