“Lemons & Blue,” oil on canvas by Anne Lombardo
• Classical painter Ann Lombardo of Water Mill is the featured artist at Riverhead Town Hall. Her exhibit, presented by East End Arts, will be on display through March 4. Ms. Lombardo has worked as a fashion illustrator, designer and product specialist in the apparel field. As a painter, she “employs classical processes when creating an oil painting, commencing with time spent on creating and lighting the setup itself. Then comes attention to the drawing, observing the design and forms on the canvas. She applies the next layer, a tonal underpainting, then finally paints with the colorful palette. She is drawn to domestic themes, such as floral and still life,” according to a press release.
• Cornell Cooperative Extension Marine Program’s “Back to the Bays” initiative will be a beneficiary of an exhibit and sale that opens Saturday, Dec. 5, during the Shellabration festival in Greenport. ‘Vitamin Sea: Wave 2’ will open at The Sirens’ Song Gallery with a reception Saturday, Dec. 5, from noon to 7 p.m. (with refreshments from 4 to 7 p.m.), and another viewing on Sunday, Dec. 6, from noon to 2 p.m. The show, which will continue weekends through Dec. 20, will offer maritime-themed paintings, prints, photography, mugs, T-shirts, jewelry, ceramics, vintage fashions, holiday note cards, decorative items and gifts. Ten percent of sales will go to the marine program.
• ‘Fall and Winter Drawings’ by Patrick Lofthouse of Greenport will be on view Dec. 5 to Jan. 9 at Floyd Memorial Library in Greenport. An opening reception is planned for Saturday, Dec. 5, from 3 to 5 p.m.
• Suffolk County Historical Society in Riverhead will hold its fifth annual Wooden Wonderland from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 5. The event will offer hand-crafted carvings, wooden items, candles, baskets and more for sale, as well as wood-carving and woodworking demonstrations. Admission is free. Call 727-2881.
• Concert pianist Alex Wu and his trio will be joined by mezzo-soprano Anna Tonna and flutist Laura Falzon in a “Holiday Magic” concert at 1:30 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 6, at Mattituck-Laurel Library. The free concert is co-sponsored by Friends of the Library.
• The East End Arts Chamber Ensemble will give a concert at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 8, at Riverhead United Methodist Church. Admission is free. The ensemble is made up of six student musicians chosen for the tuition-free fellowship program directed by Jeannie Woelker. The students are Megan Brunner of Baiting Hollow (violin), Brett Callagy of Shoreham-Wading River (viola), Allyson Koehler of Bayport (viola), Christina Mirro of Oakdale (viola), Aidean Saltini of South Jamesport (cello) and Fallon Spellman of Westhampton (cello). Call 369-2171, email [email protected] or visit eastendarts.org.
• Old Town Arts and Crafts Guild will hold a holiday open house Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 5 and 6, at the Cutchogue gallery. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday. The gallery will close for the season on Dec. 23.
• The South Street Gallery in Greenport will host the ninth annual ‘10×10=100’ art show and sale to benefit North Fork Environmental Council this weekend. The event will open with a preview Friday, Dec. 4, from noon to 6 p.m. The sale will begin promptly at 6 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 5. The show, which will be on view through Dec. 30, features 10-inch-square works that are sold for $100 each, with proceeds split among the gallery, the artist and NFEC. Call 477-0021 or visit thesouthstreetgallery.com.
To send arts news, email [email protected], fax to 298-3287, or mail to Times Review News Group, P.O. Box 1500, Mattituck, NY 11952, ATTN: Lauren Sisson.