KATHARINE SCHROEDER FILE PHOTO | This Fourth of July provides several opportunities for fireworks displays on the North Fork.
The North Fork is preparing for another star-spangled Fourth of July celebration, with parades, music, fireworks and all the patriotic trimmings taking place between Wednesday, July 3, and Sunday, July 7. Barbecued hamburgers and hot dogs, potato salad and corn on the cob? Sorry, you’re on your own there.
Here’s a rundown of this week’s Independence Day events:
• Fourth of July concert and fireworks on the Peconic riverfront in Riverhead starts at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 4. Brady Rymer performs, followed by fireworks at approximately 9:15 p.m.
• Fireworks on Wednesday, July 3, and Saturday, July 6, at 10 p.m. are part of the Greenport firemen’s carnival taking place from 6 to 11 p.m. Wednesday, July 3, through Saturday, July 6, at the Polo Grounds on Moore’s Lane. The event, which includes rides, games and food, is hosted by Phenix Hook & Ladder Company and Relief Hose Company.
• A family festival carnival fundraiser for Peconic Bay Medical Center will include fireworks on Saturday, July 6, at 9:30 p.m. The carnival runs from 6 to 11 p.m. on Thursday, July 4, through Sunday, July 7, on Route 25A in Wading River and includes rides, food and vendors. The event is hosted by PBMC board member Kenn Barra and the PBMC Auxiliary.
• Shelter Island’s fireworks display, usually visible from parts of Southold, has been pushed back to Saturday, July 13.
• The New Suffolk Civic Association’s Fourth of July parade starts at 11 a.m. on Thursday, July 4, at the corner of Tuttle and New Suffolk roads and proceeds to the town beach.
• The Southold Village Merchants’ Fourth of July parade steps off at noon on Thursday, July 4. Children riding bicycles decorated in red, white and blue may line up at 11:45 a.m. on Hobart Road.